Kenya Terror Attack: SAS hero who saved “dozens of lives” during the 19-hour attack on Nairobi’s Hotel in line to Receive Gallantry Award

SAS hero who saved “dozens of lives” during the 19-hour attack on Nairobi’s DusitD2 hotel in line to receive gallantry award

The SAS soldier who saved “dozens of lives” in the Nairobi hotel massacre is in line to receive the George Cross.

It’s been reported that the off-duty soldier is to be recommended to receive the top military medal for his “remarkable bravery”  during the attack by Al-Shabaab militants at the DusitD2 five-star hotel in Nairobi, Kenya, on Tuesday, January 15.

The hero was in Kenya to train Special Forces. He was out shopping when he heard the explosions and gunshots so he raced to get his gear and risked his life by storming the building to save people.

At least 21 people were killed in the 19-hour attack that saw hundreds of civilians trapped in the hotel complex.

Check also:  Nigerian Army arrests soldier for alleged assault on Oyo traffic wardens (Video)

A well-placed source said the SAS hero will be recommended to receive one of the highest medals for gallantry, which will most likely be the George Cross. The George Cross only ranks behind the Victoria Cross.

The senior military source said:

He has saved dozens of lives. You can fully expect him to receive one of the highest gallantry awards and most likely the George Cross. It won’t be announced. It will be given to him secretly.

The identity of the SAS soldier is being kept secret in line with the Military of Defence protocol not to name members of the Special Forces.

Check also:  Lady exposes Married Man who is her asking how much she Charges for her "nunu" (Photos)

There are fears that the soldier’s extraordinary actions may have compromised his personal security because photographs and videos of him pulling civilians to safety have been published and broadcast around the world.

Meanwhile, on Thursday, January 17, police in Kenya arrested the wife and mother of one of the jihadists as they launched a manhunt for the mastermind behind the attack.

Investigators said they had been able to identify one of the five gunmen involved in the assault through a mobile telephone left on his corpse.

They named him as Ali Salim Gichunge. Police said they had detained his wife Violet after discovering that she had posted an advertisement on Facebook attempting to sell many of their household goods the day before Tuesday’s attack, Telegraph reports.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: